Thursday, November 4, 2010

Week 6

Here I am, 6 weeks in... and so much is going on. There's so much craziness and stuff going on that I sometimes have to remind myself to breathe... but it's so great, I am having the time of my life and learning so much!

hmmmm, let's see what's new... well since I posted last, we went on our all-hall retreat! It was at Camp Casey, which was interesting... actually that whole weekend was kinda interesting. It was super fun, but God had to do some stuff in my life in order to get to that point. It was kinda weird that retreat was at that part of Camp Casey, because youth group had gone there a few years ago to play outpost, and seeing it again brought back all those memories. Basically, the whole first afternoon of retreat was God helping me move on, from past relationships, from youth group, from things in the past that I was missing but I could no longer be a part of. It almost felt like I couldn't fully experience college in the way God wanted me to without the moving on and the closure that happened that afternoon. So as hard as that was, it was really good that it ended up happening. And the rest of retreat was wonderful! I got so much closer to the people on my floor and made new friends on other floors (including a certain person... but more on that later possibly ;)) and it was just a great weekend!

Speaking of God, it's been a tough few weeks for me. With retreat and school stuff, I haven't been to church in a few weeks and I've been feeling spiritually drained. I've been so busy that I felt like God's almost been put on the back burner, which I told myself that I wouldn't let myself get to that point. So I finally went to our worship service tonight, and it was a great refiller. I'm working on finding a church around here too for those Sundays where I can't make it back down to Renton to go to VC, but it's been pretty hard finding one. But I'm trying Bethany Community on Sunday, and I'm really excited... God's just doing some great things on campus and I'm excited to be a part of what he's dong!

We had our service performance for the worship cadre today, and it was really great! I actually played violin in it, I was originally planning to play guitar and sing but they had too many guitarists and no violinist, so I volunteered, and I love it! It's been really great to just stop in the crazy hectic day and go play violin and worship with my cadre people, and performing today was so great! It's also pretty cool because later on this quarter and next quarter we get to work with the upperclassmen in the worship arts ensembles on campus and learn from them, which is super exciting! So things are going well with that :)

So that's a little update on what's going on here at school and in my life! I better go start the reading that I was putting off by doing this... another post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment